Ketchup is one of those condiments that might as well be its own food group for my kids. I can only assume it is like that for most. But what do you do when you can’t have tomatoes? A world without ketchup simply isn’t an option for my family, so after months of tinkering I have come up with a recipe that will fool even my 4 year old when served with his favorite French fries. With a base of carrots and apples, you will be shocked at just how close to ketchup this recipe really becomes.
What you’ll need:
- 12 oz organic baby food carrots
- 12 oz organic baby food apples
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 3 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 7 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp red food coloring (optional- but this recipe is one of those psychological things- if it looks like ketchup it will taste like it)
Whisk all items together until smooth.