My mom has a weakness for snowballs, and while I am not much of a dessert baker, I challenged myself to make them for her. After a long process of trial and error I came up with a way to make them safe for her allergies, and in doing so, I realized that I had stumbled across the most mouthwatering, melt in your mouth chocolate cupcakes/cake I had ever had- with or without gluten and dairy. Seriously, I have made these into snowballs, regular cupcakes, and a molten chocolate cake and they don’t disappoint. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family!
What you’ll need:
- 8 tbs butter substitute
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs worth of egg substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened rice milk
(don’t let all of the steps fool you. This recipe really isn’t hard.
(1) Using a stand mixer or hand mixer cream together butter substitute and sugar
(2) add in egg substitute and vanilla extract.
(3) in a separate bowl, mix together flour substitute, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
(4) with mixer running, add half of the flour mixture to the creamed butter.
(5) add in unsweetened rice milk.
(6) add in the other half of the flour mixture.
(7) beat until well blended.
(8) spoon into desired pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
**I will post the footage of this recipe as part of my snowball video, I just couldn’t wait to finish editing to share this one with you!