Ok so again I videoed this recipe so I don’t have a ton of pictures, but trust me these are worth it. The idea that these are called sausage kolaches is a debate, I know, but as a Texas transplant I just can’t make myself call them anything different. These take a little bit of extra time, because of the rising involved in the dough. But they are so worth it. Hope you enjoy them as much as my family!!
What you’ll need:
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk, room temperature
- ¼ cup room temperature water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 ½ tsp yeast
- 2 eggs worth of egg substitute
- ¼ cup unsweetened rice milk, room temperature
- 1 ¾ tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup shortening, melted and cooled
- 40 cocktail sausages
- 20 slices of American cheese substitute, cut in halves
- Extra egg substitute
(1) Combine 1 ¾ cup gluten free flour, 1 cup unsweetened rice milk, ¼ cup water, ½ cup sugar, and 4 ½ tsp yeast. Mix well.
(2) Cover. Let sit in warm area for 1 hour
(3) Add in 2 eggs worth of egg substitute, ¼ cup unsweetened rice milk, 1 ¾ tsp salt, 2 ¼ cup gluten free flour, and ½ cup shortening. Mix well and scrape down.
(4) Cover. Let sit in warm area for 30 seconds (or until doubled in size)
(5) Roll dough into golf ball sized balls. Pat down.
(6) Wrap cocktail sausage in American cheese substitute half and envelope fold into dough.
(7) Place envelopes seam side down and brush with egg substitute.
(8) Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
to view the video for this recipe visit: