Previously, I have talked about my meat sauce that I use in just about anything Italian based. In this particular recipe, it is mixed with rice and stuffed into peppers before being baked. This really doesn’t take long to make, and is a good way to use any leftover sauce from another recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 batch of meat sauce- find the recipe here: Meat Sauce
- 6 servings of rice
- 12 green bell peppers, hollowed out
- enough cheese substitute to garnish each pepper (around 2 cups)
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Simmer meat sauce while you hollow out bell peppers.
(3) Put rice into a bowl and mix in the meat sauce a little at a time until you get the desired consistency.
(4) Stuff equal amounts of rice mixture into bell peppers and garnish with cheese. Place on foil lined pan.
(4) bake for 30 min or until brown on top.
Let cool and enjoy.
As a side note: My three year old is obsessed with Halloween- dressing up and trick-or-treating is his favorite thing in the world. Because of this, we go all out on dinner during the month of October (and random times throughout the year as well). If you are looking for something a little more fun and kid friendly to do with these, try swapping out green bell peppers for orange ones and make a jack-o-lantern- you won’t be disappointed.