This recipe has tomatoes in it, so if you are allergic to them stay clear. After a lot of trial and error, I have managed to make a meat sauce without too many preservatives that can be used any way you need it to. From pasta to peppers, lasagna to ravioli, this is my ultimate go to in Italian goodness.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 minced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- if you are using canned, a 28 oz can will do fine
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- if you are using canned, two 6.5 oz cans will do fine
- 2 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
(1) In a large pot, brown sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat.
(2) Stir in all of the tomatoes and sugar.
(3) Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
(4) Let simmer on low heat for about 30 min.
(5) Use in any recipe that calls for meat sauce.